Just because face masks are essential doesn’t mean they shouldn’t elevate your style. Handmade from a selection of Africa prints, our Ubuntu face mask is designed for all day comfort. The masks are breathable and reusable, and can be matched with other items from the Maakola collection, turning them into the ultimate fashion accessory.
The sustainable choice
Disposable masks end up in the trash heap, or worse—as litter on our seas and streets. By using an Ubuntu mask, you are not only preventing waste, but you are also using a completely natural material that can be worn at least 50 times. Protect your body and the environment by making the sustainable choice for your face mask.
We recommend having three masks in rotation: one to wear, one in the wash, and one as a spare.
Designed with comfort and safety in mind
The Ubuntu protective mask features three layers of cotton, one regular and two organic. Cotton is inherently temperature regulating to stop you from sweating and prevent skin irritation under the mask.
The cotton face masks were designed to fit the natural curves of your face for perfect coverage and ultimate comfort. The mask is shaped to hug your nose and cover the lower half of your face neatly. The bridge of the nose has an internal removable wire that helps to shape the mask around your nose and prevent your glasses from getting foggy.
The soft elastic and adjustable hoops around the ears keep the mask in place without causing any stress to your skin. Made from a selection of African print fabrics to complement our clothing collections, this cotton mask is an elegant way to cover up and stay stylish.
- Nose wire to adjust to the form of your face
- Triple-layered breathable cotton
- Outer: 100% Premium Quality Cotton 120 gr/m²
- Filling: 100% Organic Cotton
- Lining: 100% Organic cotton
- Internal pocket for the filter (not included)
- Soft elastic and adjustable ear hoops
- Machine washable more than 50 times
- Travel pouch included
The perfect fit
To provide the best protection, the mask needs to fit perfectly. In addition to the bridge nose and adjustable hoops, we provide both adult and kid sizes so that everyone is covered.
- Kids Regular: 14 x 8 cm, 5.5″ x 3″
- Adult Regular: 22 x 13.5cm, 8.7 x 5.1
- Adult Large: 28 x 16cm, 11x 6.3
How to use the filter
For comfort and hygiene concerns, it is recommended that you do not use your mask with the filter for over four hours at a time. Washing immediately will extend that time. You can use the filter up to five times at 60ºC. Once the maximum five uses are exceeded, dispose of the filter in a bag, avoiding handling the product.
Caring for your mask
- Make sure to wash your mask before putting it on for the first time, and then wash after every wear.
- Hand washing your mask is recommended.
- Alternatively, machine wash on delicate at 40°C.
- Iron, steam or air dry with low heat.
- Do not bleach.
- Do not dry clean.
- Do not tumble dry.